Friday 27 January 2017

Still adjusting



It’s another beautiful morning. The thermometer showed -12C when I first got up at 7.30am. Even now, about 10am, it’s only got to -8. The world is all crisply white.

We’re certainly not thinking of going far. We didn’t manage to find that winter coat for the Fox. We found on he liked, just not his size. The shop ordered it in his size on-line for us & it should arrive this weekend but there’s still no sign just yet. These are no temperatures to be out in unless you are well cladded.

It seemed strange to be doing the ironing on Friday this morning. It’s been impossible all this year due to the numerous hospital appointments. Now I’ve got the time to do things when I want to. It’s wonderful.

Tomorrow I’m hoping to spend some time on the Big Garden Watch. I’m hoping I will be able to include the little wren who has been becoming a regular visitor early in the morning. I also suspect our number of blackbirds has gone up. We’ll see. Much depends on the weather. They tend to like to stay in shelter if it’s wet.

No comments: