Saturday 16 May 2020

Lasagne

I’ve just put together a lasagne for tonight. It’s not often I do a lasagne so in these days of using up from the freezer with minimum extras from the shops, it’s good to do something different, more original. Admittedly it is a recipe we have had before but it must have been years ago.

It’s not the usual minced beef version. Instead it’s a chicken & mushroom one. I’ve been busy frying up some diced chicken breasts, sliced red & green peppers & some sliced mushrooms. The sauce content of the lasagne is provided by mushroom soup. It’s then all layered up & topped with a bit of grated cheese. It should be good.

One thing I’ve never understood is the fact in this country lasagne is generally served with chips. Quite why you should want potatoes when you have pasta in the dish is beyond me. We shall have it simply served with some broccoli & garlic bread. We’ll possibly complete the meal with some cheese & crackers.

It should be good & I for one am looking forward to it.

No comments: