Friday 29 May 2020

Last time?

It is suggested that last night should be the last night of applause for the NHS & other essential workers. I will miss them. It has been the highlight of our rather isolated life. It has been an opportunity to get to know some of our neighbours better, to help solve one another’s problems. We would be happy to  be continuing longer. And certainly I feel the need to show thanks to the NHS regardless of the virus. I would have been dead long ago without it.

 

But maybe it is the right time. Life is starting to get back to normal. At last, from next week family & friends in groups of 6 can be seen outside. More & more people are returning to work as shops & other businesses start up again.

 

The three things I’m really looking forward to doing are firstly to get a new battery for my watch. The old battery gave up about the second day of lock down. I’ve had to depend on my mother’s old wind-up one.

 

Secondly I long to get to the dentist to get this tooth properly filled. There are days when I‘ve had a dull ache in my mouth all day.

 

But finally, & possibly above all, the possibility of seeing friends & family again is truly wonderful. However, I shall endeavour to self-isolate a while longer to ensure I stay fit & well to complete this course of radiotherapy. But once that is over, we’re intending to invite friends over for drinks in the garden. There’s plenty of room for us to social distance & it will be lovely to see them all again. Then I will really begin to feel life is getting back to normal once more.

 

 

No comments: