Tuesday 12 May 2020

A busy day


Yesterday turned into a very busy day – at least busy in terms of these very quiet days.

While I was on the computer my washing dried in the sunshine & bitterly cold wind.

Next I went to do a little gardening, tackling the various horsetails, dandelions, celandines & rosebay willow herb. I even managed to take out some couch grass & nettles. (I left the nettles in the dark, barely noticeable, area between the raised bed & the fence for the wildlife.) Each day I’m trying to do about half an hour’s gardening/housework done in the absence of our gardener/cleaner. To do more takes too great a toll on my energy levels.

When I returned inside I noticed the answerphone was bleeping & flashing – Preston hospital. They were just checking my e-mail address to send a consent form & information about radiotherapy. They also told me I had an appointment next week. The course will be beginning soon indeed.

Come the lunchtime a delivery arrived. That needed sorting out.

Then in the afternoon we popped down to the dentist for the temporary filling kit. On my return I endeavoured to fill the hole – not easy when you can’t see the cavity & it’s in the furthest recesses of your mouth. I managed something & it seemed to harden quickly. However, this morning I woke to find most of the filling had fallen out. Most of cavity yawns once more.

Come dinner time I prepared a Bacon Roly Poly, something I don’t make often as it is rather faffy. Thinking that I had all the time in the world to make a roly poly, I’d decided this was a good time to make one, and use up the leftover gammon in something other than Hampton Pie or Ham & Egg Sauté, much as we enjoy them. I had not planned such a busy day.

It’s quite a relief today to have been busy just with some ironing & preparing some tart cases for tonight’s Little Bacon Tarts, & getting some potatoes peeled for chips. I wonder how the rest of the day will work out.



No comments: