Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you all. We're back. We've been off-line for over a week - a disadvantage of changing ISP over the holidays, but now we're back & hopefully all our recent glitches will settle down.

It's a beautiful morning to start the new year on. -13. The world is white. When the Fox went to find the champagne to see the new year in, he discovered it was snowing. A thin covering of ice/snow covers everything now. You can see where visitors have been. Grey snakes appear on the road surface as the tarmac peeps through the white where cars have gone. The robin appeared very rapidly when I put a little bit of lamb fat out from yesterday's meal. The frozen world is obviously making food hunting hard for him.

I'm still blowing & coughing from what I hope will be my first & last cold for 2009. Everyone says the cold that's going around here lasts a fortnight so hopefully once I'm through the weekend I'll be well on the mend. Meanwhile it is a bore, not helped by getting a bit worse yesterday.

I find it disorientating looking at our new calendar. We were somewhat surprised to receive a calendar from our travel agent this year. So it is now we're basking on a beach on Hawaii. Quite a contrast with what's outside the window!

Now we're back on-line, I'm hoping to get down to sorting out our Far Eastern holiday, to decide on hotels. But first, I'm going to get on the phone to Den. He had to go into hospital yesterday for an op on his ear. He wasn't looking forward to it. I do hope all has gone well. Last time he had one done on his ear, he was very uncomfortable. He found sleeping very difficult as whenever he turned over onto that ear it gushed blood as well as hurt.

1 comment:

Gem x said...

Happy New Year to you, Mr. and Mrs Fox. I have finally sorted myself out since AOL journals closed, and I am now catching up using Google reader. I hope to comment more regularly now. Take care... Gem xx