Tuesday 6 January 2009

The world outside is whiter than ever. I looked at the thermometer on the shed at 8.30 this morning. -15. Hardly surprising everything is so white. Soon I'm putting out a few cranberries left over from Christmas & some cheese rind onto the stoop. I return inside into the warmth. As I turn to lock the door behind me, I see Mr Robin has already arrived, ready to tackle the cheese. He really loves it.

Then I turn to warming us up. Despite doing a big shop yesterday, we're still having everyday sort of food. Today is going to be pasties. I've just switched the oven off having made & baked them, so they will only need warming up this evening. The idea of a plateful of wholegrain mustard mash (a speciality of the Fox), a piping hot pasty, a few sprouts & lashings of gravy appeals - warm & filling comfort food. I've also brought a bottle of red wine across from the garage to warm up in time for dinner. It seems to take all day to warm up, it's so cold across the way.

No comments: