Monday 26 January 2009

Confessions of a tea addict

I'm feeling a bit out of step this morning. Last night was my first night of taking pills during the night. This happens for a fortnight every 3 months. With these pills it is important not to have anything to eat or drink 2 hours before & 2 hours after the pill except water. Unfortunately I forgot about the pill. So although I got up about 2ish to go to the loo, I forgot to take the pill whilst I was awake. The Fox, too, forgot. Eventually he reminded me about 7am this morning, which means I can't have so much as a sup of tea until 9. I tried to sleep on but couldn't, so I got up. I thought I could get the curry made for dinner then have my tea, but I just can't get myself going without my caffeine kick start to the day. I certainly don't feel safe to tackle something as demanding as cooking, so here I am instead. At least blogging I feel I can remedy if I do anything wrong. Cooking involves sharp knives to cut myself with, hot pans to spill over me & live gas flames to set myself on flames. For that I need TEA first!

Having done this, while I wait for 9am to arrive, I shall play a bit of mahjong. Then tea & a vegetable curry to make.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Cooking is so full of danger - maybe that's what gives me the rush!