Saturday 31 January 2009

A morning of truancy

I'm playing truant this morning. In theory I'm doing the ironing, but somehow it's already got to 11.45am & I've not even got started. I feel it's too late now.

So where has the morning gone? Well, I had a look at the chicken we're going to roast this afternoon & tidied it up a bit. Then I got onto the phone.

First I spoke to Nan. Her husband, Big B, has not been down to the Pub once this year. This is very unusual. He usually comes a similar time Monday-Friday. He has Alzheimer's & prostrate cancer, so we feared his health may have got worse. But no. All is well. There's just been so many colds & viruses around this winter, they decided there was no point in taking chances. As the spring arrives, & some better weather comes, we should once more see him walking down the hill to the Pub.

The next call was to MK & Helen, his wife. We've not been to see them this week, partially because we've been so busy with kitchen people, & partially because MK has caught another virus. He's beginning to feel the antibiotics are kicking in, so hopefully we'll get over some time soon.

By the time I'd got the potatoes peeled & par-boiled for the roast potatoes for dinner, I looked at the clock & saw it was already 11.30. The pile of ironing remains in the laundry room untouched. There's a big pile & it seems too late to get started. So here I am.

Next I'm going to adjourn to my current jigsaw, "Chinese Wisteria".
It's the last of my Xmas presents to try. It's quite a challenge as i
t seems to be nothing but purply blue flowers. The only more solid thing is the footpath that wends its way under the pergola so bedecked with flowers. Even the flowers by the side of the path at the foot of the uprights are bluebells just to continue the colour theme.

No comments: