Monday 5 January 2009

Back to normal

The Christmas tree is down. We usually wait until the 6th but this year we couldn't wait. With my cold it has been a very long Christmas & we just want it over, and to get back to normality. With this in mind we're off to the supermarket this afternoon for our first big shop of the year. I'm sure the novelty will soon wear off, but just at the moment normality appeals. The last few days we've enjoyed indulging in the normality of shepherd's pie & spag bol. Time to move on to new horizons.

I suppose part of my eagerness to take down the tree is that it has been standing on the table, surrounded by cards, that I usually use for my jigsaws. As a result I've spent the time from Xmas looking at a pile of new jigsaws - the Fox bought me 5 as presents - unable to get started on them. You can guess what I'm going to do next. I think I will start by going off to Southend in the 50s......

No comments: