Thursday 22 January 2009

It's all go

Time for a tea break. It's been a busy morning. So far I've done the hand washing. I admit these days I tend to check before buying whether things need washing by hand or not. I tend to avoid buying anything that says to wash by hand only. But that doesn't alter the fact I still have a lot of older clothes - woollens, even the odd bit of silk - that require washing by hand. It's now done for another few months.

My next job is to turn my attention to the dinner. The Fox is going to have a go at making a rich beef casserole for today. The amount of red wine wine going in should make something quite delicious. My job is sous-chef. This means peeling the potatoes & sprouts that will accompany the casserole.

Then, come lunchtime we're off to the Farmer's Market where I'm hoping to get some meat - some pork to roast on Saturday, some gammon, maybe even some veal. What we don't use immediately will be going in the freezer for the month ahead.

It's just as well I slept virtually 12 hours last night!

No comments: