Tuesday 23 December 2008

It's official

It's official. The cold has arrived. Having not slept most of the night, I got up at 3 in the morning to find some tissues. My hanky was sodden, my nose blocked up. Fortunately today the Fox is cooking - a beef & sweetcorn stir fry, which could become just plain grilled rump steak if necessary. So far this morning I've had a go at copying a couple of recipes into a book. Slow work when I have to keep stopping to blow my nose. The looking down has sent my head into a spin. My head feels full of gunge. Even writing these few lines I've had to stop for a blow! Now I'm just hoping I can get passed the worst of it in time for Christmas Day. I'm determined to get out for my celebratory meal come what may, even if I have to rush back to bed afterwards.

The blackbirds seem to have really enjoyed our festive fare. These days the gulls seem to get the fat & skin I put out for the birds. They even have the audacity to call for it if I'm late out with it. The turkey & goose have produced such vast quantities of skin & fat even the robins & blackbirds have been able to have a feast. The blackbirds also enjoyed the leftover apple sauce. They seem to have a sweet tooth!

No comments: