Tuesday 16 December 2008

Ups & downs of life, & even a bit in between

The Fox has already written about our night out. A good time was had by one & all. It was particularly pleasing in that it was Den's birthday & it brought him some cheer after a trying day, or rather 10 days. It was also a good turnout. Only one absentee & she was off watching her grand-daughter perform in some panto.

Once home again, it was rather sobering when I ventured to the laundry room to get some fish out of the freezer for today's meal. Dangling from the ceiling I once more spotted great drops of water. The new flat roof we had put on last month didn't last long! It's back to complaining again. I repeat I HATE FLAT ROOFS. They always seem to cause problems. Never last well. Still the contractor has a good repute locally & his son is a friend, so hopefully something will get done soon. With that thought we opened a fabulous bottle of viognier & continued our little celebration of life.

So it is that today I'm busy making some fish balls ready to fry up this evening. I've added a bit of chilli to the mix so the balls should have a bit of bite. I'm just waiting for the mash for the balls to cool down before I turn the fishy mixture into small balls & breadcrumb them.

No comments: