Wednesday 28 February 2018

Cold


Well we’ve had snow. Both yesterday & this morning I’ve got up to a white world. However it is only a thin layer. Yesterday it had just about all melted away by the middle of the day, despite the odd flurries of snow throughout the morning. Today is looking about the same. It’s very bright, & bitterly cold. I think, though, we are an exception here. Most places have had it worse.

I meanwhile have gone down with a cold, one of my humdingers. I knew I was feeling very drained after coping with the Fox’s ‘flu. Clearly this is the result. On Monday we went down to the village pub & one of our friends commented I looked very pale & not my usual self. I thought it was just that I was coughing up phlegm. Now it is a full blown cold. Yesterday I never went out, dozed the morning through on the settee. Today I’ve been doing pretty much the same again.

I’ve got to get rid of it quick, without passing it on to the Fox. We’re both looking forward to that holiday. It will so much more pleasurable if we’re not coughing & spluttering all the time.

No comments: