Thursday 22 February 2018

A trip out


The Fox is still not right. However, yesterday he did feel a lot brighter. So much so we decided to pop along to the golf club & have a meal there.

We were just looking at the menu & trying to decide what to have when our friends arrived. I hastily went to meet them & discourage them from joining us. He is in his late 70s & due to go in for an operation on Monday. The last thing he needs is ‘flu, especially at this time. I reassured them it wasn’t anything personal. Normally we would be delighted to see them, but with the Fox being under the weather, possibly still infectious, we feel it would be best if they sat elsewhere. They got the hint, with no ill feelings.

Eventually we decided on what to eat – scampi & chips for me, a tuna mayo sandwich & a bowl of chips for the Fox. I’m relieved to say he could taste properly, & enjoy, his small meal, even though, even with my assistance, most of the chips were left. It was a relief for me not to have to think about cooking or washing up for once.

The short trip was enough to knock out the Fox. He returned home & went straight to bed for a lie down of a couple of hours. He was exhausted. However, I think the trip, just seeing something different, did much for his morale.

Today, as I said yesterday, I will have to venture out. The library books & jigsaws need to go back & something new to be found. We also need some milk for teas. Whether I just go in the local shop, a few shops away from the library, or we go to Morrisons for a bigger shop, I’m not sure. I can easily get to the library on my mobility scooter. Both library & local shop, can be got round on my scooter. However, if the Fox feels up to it, we would get more shopping from the bigger supermarket. Much depends on whether he feels up to venturing out again so soon & for so long. It may be wiser to go on to the chemist for our medical supplies rather than worrying about doing much food shopping. Small things I can easily buy from the local small shops.

I will be so relieved when he’s better & life can get back to normal. I’m so relieved I’m not showing any signs of ‘flu. Yet anyhow.

No comments: