Monday 26 February 2018

Snow?

The forecast is for snow over the next few days. I don’t expect much, if any, will come here. However, it’s certainly very cold.

The forecast well & truly decided me we were not going to my aunt’s funeral today. It takes place in Stoke. Although I can’t say I knew this aunt very well, funerals seem to be the main time the cousins get together & catch up on things.

One thing I know about Stoke is that it always seems to catch any snow going. Being at the bottom of the Pennines seems to attract it. I remember when my grandmother died, my mother went off from Manchester on a dry day in her best suede shoes.  In Stoke there was deep snow. After standing around the grave for a while she returned with one pair of shoes only fit for the bin.

The other reason for not going is that we’re both coughing up phlegm at the moment. The Fox is still not over the aftermath of the ‘flu. He’s still very drained. We want to get rid of these coughs soon as we’re hoping to get off to France next month. Good health will be needed for that. We’re so looking forward to it – a bit of pampering, relaxation & maybe even some sunshine.

No comments: