Wednesday 14 February 2018

Here's hoping


The wind is blowing strongly today. The peanut holder on the bird feeder blew off, smashing down on the patio paving, shattering the plastic parts. A new feeder will be needed. However, the wind didn’t stop Mrs Blackbird getting to the tray on the stand & enjoying the bits of beef from yesterday’s dinner that I’d put out. I was pleased to see she’d got there before the gulls descended. It’s the garden birds I want to attract, not the gulls.

Today we’re moving into using up leftover chicken with a Chicken & Vegetable Pie. The filling is all made up. Once it’s cooled down I’ll use it to fill some pastry ready to pop into the oven this evening. My last effort at this pie went disastrously wrong. I’m just hoping this one will work out better. It usually does.

It’s a sign of just how tired & drained I am that even deciding what to cook seems to require superhuman effort.  Normally it’s one thing I can raise enthusiasm for. Roll on this holiday. Maybe we will both finally get some energy back, not to mention better health with less itching.

No comments: