Thursday 2 February 2012

On the up

I'm beginning to think things are looking a bit brighter. Maybe it's just we've managed to beat the letter to the bank into a shape I think we can both agree on. Maybe it's the return of blue skies cheering up the scene before me. Maybe it's the flashes of gold & white of crocuses & snowdrops that have appeared in the garden Maybe it's the lengthening days. When we get home, usually around 5pm, it's once more light, even if it does still rapidly darken. Maybe just admitting there is a problem is half the solution. Whatever the cause I am definitely feeling brighter.

Other worries remain. The benefit tome hasn't arrived yet. It probably won't for another month or two. The uncertainty over the benefits doesn't help deciding on holidays as it makes it difficult to know when to go (we will need to be here once the process starts) or how much we can afford (especially if they reduce the benefits somehow). But I am settling down once more to looking at brochures & dreaming - a holiday in itself. 

I am also definitely looking forward to the fox's culinary experiment for tonight's dinner, Bonfire Night Sausage Hotpot.

No comments: