Thursday 23 February 2012

Didn't last long

I suppose it was hoping for too much, to sort out the respite vouchers and a holiday. I did think I'd found the place for us. In the afternoon we toodle along to the travel agents to book. That brochure company only sold property lets if it was accompanied by a ferry crossing.We couldn't go by air. The drive down to the south coast is just too far for us. Last time we did it it took over 12 hours! 

So we're back to the beginning, though the travel agent thinks she may have found as an alternative. We're just waiting for the result of a few extra enquiries. Unfortunately it would mean flying Ryanair, not a prospect that fills me with much joy. 

I've just about got to the stage of abandoning all idea of a spring holiday. Maybe it would be better to wait until we hear the result of my application for renewal of benefits.

Meanwhile I'm feeling pretty exhausted, not helped by a very ropey night. I started with pain-killers for my knees when I went to bed shortly before 10pm. By 2am I was progressing to pills to ease stomach pains (they're having another hiccough). It didn't help to have appetising wafts coming from Big Ears, our slow cooker, as the Fox prepared a duck curry for this evening

Later on we're intending to get off to the Farmers' Market- get topped up with meat for the month ahead. Then, with luck, it's an afternoon nap for me.

No comments: