Wednesday 15 February 2012

Brighter

I can't quite believe it. I got up today to discover a beautiful bright sunny morning. It's even mild for the first time in ages. Almost spring-like.  Maybe there is going to be some end to this long, long, winter.

Maybe my sense of well-being is also encouraged by the fact I can be utterly lazy today. The Fox has prepared the meal - a slow cooked piece of brisket - so there's nothing I have to do. We don't even have to go out this afternoon unless we want to. PD is unlikely to ring in desperate need of a visit to the Pub - he's disappearing under grandchildren this afternoon with it being half-term. So I can just be lazy & get back on top of things.

Maybe too I'm still feeling a sense of well-being from the champagne we had last night to celebrate St Valentine's Day. I know I've ranted before about the stupidity of celebrating your love for one another just on the one day of the year, but it is a good excuse to be a bit extravagant & open a bottle of bubbly. I'm also enjoying the box of chocs the Fox bought for me.

All in all life is brighter. For today at least.

No comments: