Sunday 13 November 2011

Yet more

And so it goes on.

After I wrote my blog yesterday, I spent a fair amount of time on the phone.

I rang my long-time friend, Ellie, at Arnside. She's had cancer for a while now. They had thought she was clear when it re-emerged. She is not responding well to treatment.

Then I rang my cousin Ann. She had come out of hospital that morning. It is indeed cancer. She has had one kidney removed. Unfortunately the cancer has already spread. Although the removal of the kidney has taken away the majority of the  tumour, some still remains in other organs. As soon as she has recovered fully from this op, she will be starting on chemotherapy. 

I then rang my cousin Trudy. Her cataract op has gone well, but life has become in some ways even more frustrating. Until both her eyes have been done, she will not be tested for new glasses. As a result, although her distance sight has improved considerably, her short vision has got worse so she still can't see to read. The second op will probably not be done until next year now. We're resolved next time we talk it will be with some more positive news. 

Although neither Trudy's health or ours is brilliant, we've come to the conclusion they are problems that we can cope with. On the whole we feel amazingly healthy compared to so many around us. We can but pray & hope for Ann, &, in our case, for Ellie, our friend in Arnside.

No comments: