Wednesday 16 November 2011

Increasing pain

I'm aware the aches are growing. The Fox asks what I've been doing to overdo it so much. Nothing much. It's just tension. I feel very unrelaxed at the moment. When I'm tense all the muscles in my legs tense up with the result my knees hurt even more than usual.

It's hard work with PD at the moment. Admittedly he did seem a lot more like himself yesterday. That is until the news of the funeral arrangements for Jean arrived. PD's due to see his Community Psychiatric Nurse tomorrow. Hopefully that will help. 

As we were at the Pub others we hadn't seen for a while turned up. They were amazed by PD's weight loss. Somehow that bit of good news seems long ago, as does the Fox's hospital visit. It's difficult to remember both events were only last week. Life seemed so much cheerier then.

The funeral is on Friday. Hopefully once it is over some of the tensions will ease.

Meanwhile, this morning, after a deep breath, I give Dick a ring to see how he was doing. The family seem to be working on a shift system to ensure he's not alone for too long. One member or another is staying overnight, looking after him, helping him any way they can. None of them live in Lancashire - there's a lot of trans Pennine travelling at the moment - but they are determined to support him. 

He's still shuddering at the memory of that worst of all jobs, going around to tell PD & Lin, along with the others who are excluded from the funeral. He reckons it's one of the hardest things he's ever had to do in his life. I can well believe it. All I can do is assure him that he'd had to do his best for his wife. Those were her expressed wishes & he had fulfilled them. PD is hurt but he does understand Dick's position. I suspect that will be the same for the others. I will be glad when it all settles down.

Now I've just realised I'm due for my second blood pressure reading next week. It was too high last time. I suspect it will be even higher this time. My pain-filled knees are telling me that.

No comments: