Thursday 3 November 2011

The turkey onslaught - Day 2

Another day of bright sunshine. Come, come, I could get used to this.

Meanwhile we're on to Day 2 of turkey. For the success of yesterday's version, read the Fox's blog. 

The Stroganoff I'm making is very similar in some ways , & yet so different in others.

I've just cut the turkey into strips ready for a fast fry this evening. Yesterday it was cut into large lumps.

I'm adding  more mushrooms & cream than the Fox's version. He added chicken stock, leeks & garlic, none of which appear in my version. He used whole grain mustard; I'm adding French mustard.

I'm also going to serve mine with egg noodles whereas yesterday we had creamy mash & green beans.

My version is a quick fry & very brief  simmer; his was an an hour and a half in the slow cooker.

I'm very curious to discover which we prefer. Whatever the conclusion, Friday will be Day 3 of turkey as we tackle the last of the turkey stew before it goes off.


It has to admitted these turkey grenades, so kindly given to us by PD & his wife, do take a lot of eating for just two foxes. The second grenade can wait in the freezer a bit before we tackle that. We need a bit of time to recover from this turkey onslaught.


I suspect by Saturday we will be ready for something quite different!

No comments: