Monday 7 November 2011

Winter

Winter's arrived. As the whizzes, flashes & bangs arrived on Saturday so did the temperatures drop. The last couple of nights have been around -7. Even the day yesterday didn't manage to rise much above zero. I suspect it will be the same today. The sky is bright blue & clear. Everything outside, gardens & roofs, are crusted with white. All very pretty but cold.

I'm in the midst of cooking up some marrowfat peas for a pea & bacon soup. The idea of a bowlful of piping hot soup when we get in this evening sounds just the ticket.We'll stop on the way back to get some bread.


Where are we going? To the Pub, of course. I'm expecting a call from PD later this morning to see if we're out to play & would we pick him up.


My aches continue though I did manage more comfortably in bed last night so maybe that's a sign I'm on the mend. Meanwhile the Fox continues to drag his leg. He's beginning to think it's the weather. Since his stroke he's always found it seems worse when it is cold or damp. If this is the cause, I can see we're in for a long winter. We may have to think of a holiday in the sun before the winter is out. We'll see. We've no plans at the moment.

No comments: