Thursday 5 March 2009

White world

It's a white world once again. Yesterday lunchtime we had about 15 mins of snow. It didn't last. But in the night the temperature really fell. As I staggered out of the bedroom this morning, my glance turned to the front door & through the glass I could see the car had a very white coat. I thought at first it must of snowed again during the night. But no. It was just frost, a thick coating of. By the time I'd reached the kitchen & looked out of the window there, it had dawned upon me just how cold last night must have been. The lawn, the shrubs, all had a sparkling white coat. I vaguely remember when the Fox ventured out to get us a bottle of wine last night, at about 9ish, he'd mentioned it was -8C. I suspect it must have got yet colder. Still, at least, it's meant the sun has paid us a visit today. Personally I'd much prefer frost & sunshine, to mild grey & wet. Days like this encourage the spirits to soar, even if I do have to be even more careful where I put my feet.

















No comments: