Friday 6 March 2009

Spring is on its way

Spring is definitely on its way, despite the return of the frost & snow. What makes me say this? As I peeled the potatoes this morning, my eyes were drawn to activity out of the window. The blue tit has returned to examine the nesting box. His mind is clearly turning to love. I had begun to wonder if we weren't getting to this time of year when I noticed the increased volume of birdsong early in the morning, but there's no mistaking this tit's motivation. By now our front garden is erupting all over in brightly coloured crocuses. Unfortunately the weeds are also starting to emerge. I've already had to have one weeding session. I confess I'm really looking forward to a bit of warm sunshine. We seemed to have so little last year & the winter seems to have been particularly cold this year.

No comments: