Saturday 7 March 2009

Sheer stupidity

On Thursday evening, over a bottle of wine, we discussed holiday possibilities. I confessed that the idea of a cruise on the Rhone, maybe with a week's stay, one end or the other appealed to me. I'd even read they were supposed to be wheelchair accessible. I'd seen a way of doing it that meant going by train, so avoiding the usual coach journey (a nightmare for me!) to & from departure & arrival points. We decided to look into it.

So yesterday I had a look on the net. I found the trip. I looked into the details of the ship, just to check out the access. I couldn't believe what I found. Yes the ship had a cabin adapted for wheelchair use. It went on to add that, as you could not move around in a wheelchair on the boat to even get to that room, let alone the restaurant etc, they would not advise a wheelchair user to book it. Talk about stupid. What's the point of making a cabin wheelchair accessible if you can't even get to it?? I was flabbergasted. I'll not be going on that trip!!

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

the word tokenism comes to mind, alongside stupidity!