Thursday 19 March 2009

Enjoying the sun

The sun brings them all out. Yesterday we decide to go once more to see our friends at the Pub.

The first things that catches my eye are the crocuses in the front garden. Fully open, richly coloured purple & gold. We set off.

The next thing that catches my eye are the lambs in the fields - their first outing this year. They stick close to mum. At present they're too spindly & wobbly on their legs to see them as walking roast lamb, but it's amazing how quickly they can put on weight. Soon they will look a bit like Tigger, with springs on their feet, as they gambol away. We continue on our journey.

As we pass through the village on the way, I'm struck by the small playground. I think it's the first time I've ever seen it full of happy excited children, their mothers, too, keeping careful eye on their offspring. On the other side of the road I'm struck by a tree covered in white blossom, soft & fluffy looking. On we go.

As we near the end of the village the next startling sight is a fabulous flowering currant, covered in pink flowers. I'd checked our own flowering currant that morning & sure enough, it, too, is a mass of pink.

As we continue on the countryside part of the journey, we're struck by how many walkers are on the lanes. We cross the bridge over the canal. I look down. Sure enough there's people sat on the bench by the waterside, just watching the water go slowly by. Others are strolling along the towpath.

Every living thing, be they animal or plant, seem to be enjoying the sun. Long may it last.

No comments: