Monday 30 March 2009

Time for a tea break

Time for a break. I've been emptying boxes this morning. Slowly things are returning to the kitchen. It's beginning to be more possible to get around the house.

Needless to say, when I've decided this is the best place for the oils, for example, I can't find the box with the oils in. And yes, we do have a selections of oils & vinegars. The oils include not only the inevitable olive & veg, but also truffle, sesame, groundnut, chilli.... As for vinegars apart from the basic distilled & malt varieties, there's raspberry, rice wine, red wine, white wine, cider, sherry, tarragon, balsamic.... All to give that subtle difference of flavour, especially in salad dressings.

I'm telling myself the sooner we're all unpacked, the sooner the kitchen will seem like ours. The sooner, too, I can get to grips with the new equipment. I'm really looking forward to the place being straight & I can get back to cooking as normal.

In the meantime, it's time for a tea break before tackling yet more boxes.

2 comments:

Malcolm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malcolm said...

There certainly are times when 'normality' is most welcome! I know that they say "a change is as good as a rest", but all too frequently the change leaves you requiring a prolonged rest.