Friday 20 March 2009

Distracted

I'm supposed to be deciding what to cook tomorrow, but somehow I just can't get my mind around the matter. I'm too full of thoughts about what yet has to be done before we go away, & a certain excitement about being away. I can't help feeling that it's more important to get things in boxes rather than worrying about what we eat. We can always just get a ready meal out of the freezer. We've still got plenty of peppers & carrots to use up. I can see they'll be going off to Borwick with us.

Today, at least, I know what I'm doing. I'm half way through making a chicken & vegetable pie, just waiting for the filling to cool & the pastry to thaw.

The only food left in the cupboards is very basic - some chicken stock cubes (for today's gravy), seasoning, veg & olive oil, a few tiny bottles of colouring, some odd spices like apple pie spice & that's about it. I suppose I could do another chicken meal. There's plenty of cooked chicken in the freezer. Or maybe it's time for something like a Spanish omelette with some peppers thrown in the egg mix. I'm just too distracted to give the matter serious thought.

No comments: