Wednesday 9 January 2019

Turned a corner?


I’m beginning to think I’ve turned the corner. I’m coughing up loads of phlegm. My chest hurts whenever I cough. But at least I’m feeling more like myself. I’m also feeling rather stir crazy as I’ve not left the confines of our home since Saturday.

The Fox has been out. He’s been trying to get the chores done. Monday was the milk hunt. Yesterday he decided to get the main food shop done before he goes down with my cold. Today it will be some fresh bread. He’s been doing all the cooking – nothing too demanding. Today we will be having Mexican Hot Pot Soup. He made double does last year. This is the second half that’s been sitting in the freezer.

We always dread passing colds on from on to the other. We’ve done that so often in the past. My carer reckons the contagious time for a cold is two weeks before the symptoms appear. When she came yesterday she was grateful she hadn’t been the last couple of weeks due Christmas/New Year so she should be fine.

We’re not so convinced. We grew up in the days of “Coughs & sneezes spread diseases”. We try to sit on opposite sides of the room, to avoid hugs & kisses, but it an awful strain. In some ways it is maybe just as well that the Fox escapes the home for part of the afternoon. He usually sees some friends while he is out as well.

Meanwhile let’s hope I continue to improve & the Fox doesn’t succumb.

No comments: