Monday 7 January 2019

Still not back to normal


Christmas is finally over. Epiphany has arrived. The Christmas tree & all the decorations are down. Life should be getting back to normal.

I say “should” as I’ve now gone down with a cold. Last night I started with a sore throat. As the night drew on I progressed to sneezes & cold-blowing. This morning I’m feeling tired, drained, boggy-eyed & blocked up. I suspect life is not going to get back to normal for a while yet.

Earlier yesterday we had decided to try & get a room at our favourite Lakeside hotel for a couple of nights’ of pampering, with someone else doing all the chores, the cooking, bed-making, washing up etc. I was going to ring that evening to see if there were any vacancies. I did not ring. First things first. And first thing is to get rid of this cold, preferably before it gets too bad, or spreads to the Fox.

No comments: