Friday 25 January 2019

Going solo


This my first time solo on the new computer. I’m slowly finding my way around it. So far I’ve managed to sort out my freezer list. There’s been a few changes during the transition, especially with doing the big shop on Wednesday. Still I think I’ve managed to put on the list the cooking chorizo, pancetta, fish fingers & breaded pollack we bought & the Spicy Tomato & Bean Soup I made yesterday. That’s a good start.

Now I’m giving you a quick update on what’s been happening. Nothing much. Snow arrived on the Cumbrian fells & Pennines on Tuesday night. Both looked magnificent on Wednesday as we sat in the window of the golf club eating our prawn baguette lunch. Apart from that everything is pretty much as normal, including our tiredness.

After this I’m going to have a quick go at seeing if I can locate some things on the Net with the new computer. It shouldn’t be a problem but you never know. Wish me luck!

Then it will be off to the dentist. I managed to lose a filling at the beginning of my cold. I’ve been in such a state of ill-health, not to mention coughing, blowing & sneezing, I’ve only now got around to making an appointment. Fortunately I haven’t had any pain. It’s just part of a larger filling. Still it needs to be sorted. I will be glad when I finish the last of these bisphosphonates. Ever since I started on them I seem to have been going to the dentist every few months because I’ve lost yet another filling, or even two. I can see why I was told to go to the dentist to have my teeth checked before starting the course. My last dose is in March so hopefully my teeth will settle down again. Here’s hoping.

No comments: