Friday 11 January 2019

Simple


I managed to get out yesterday & paid the price.

It was truly wonderful to see life existed outside our home. As we passed one garden I was amazed to see an orange/red/yellow rose bush in flower. Wrong time of year I would have thought. I’ve got new supplies of reading matter & jigsaws. We found a birthday card which I’ll get written up today. We got some sausages ready for tomorrow. We also popped into the local pub & had a chat with a couple of friends for a bit.

By the time we were coming back I was exhausted, blowing badly & coughing up a lot of phlegm. The Fox cooked. It was an early night for me.

Today I’m feeling about what I was yesterday morning. I’ve made up some beefburgers ready to grill this evening. I’m still on that great bag of minced beef as you can see. We don’t often make burgers but this is a nice & simple recipe. That seems to be the order of the day at the moment. The Fox will go out & buy some buns later today. As for the burgers that was just a case of adding some flavourings to the minced beef & shaping them.

I’m not sure if I will go out with the Fox for the buns after yesterday. We’ve already abandoned our usual rendezvous with friends at the golf club as being too much for us, or me at least. What I’m really hoping to avoid is making myself worse & not being able to make up the turkey & pork sausage rolls I’m planning for Saturday. That’s not something the Fox will want to take over from me to do. Admittedly once the meat is in the pastry case there is little to do except put them in the oven, fry up some chips & boil a few sprouts to accompany the rolls. That should be easy enough.

No comments: