Thursday 18 January 2018

The world goes round & round



I’m feeling distinctly under the weather today. Yesterday, on the way to the village pub, I suddenly had a fit of sneezing. By the time I’d got home I’d begun to come to the conclusion I was going down with a cold. I resorted to tissues as my cloth hanky was sodden. The Fox plied me with alcohol in the hope it might frighten the cold away, or at least ensure I had a good night's sleep. This morning I woke up with a horrible taste in my mouth & feeling distinctly woozy. I’ve taken some paracetamol but I remain dizzy & unsteady on my feet. I didn’t drink that much alcohol last night to feel hung over.

What got me going today was the sudden realisation that the gammon that was going into the Pea & Ham Soup which I was going to make for today’s dinner was still in the freezer. So much for that.

Over my morning cup of tea I pondered what to do next. The way I’m feeling the thought of food makes me feel vaguely nauseous. I question if I will even want to eat a meal by this evening. In the end I went back to my original thought which had been to make Cod Ratatouille, buying the fresh cod today. I’ve just been making the ratatouille sauce in which the fish will cook later.

We had been intending to make a trip over to Carnforth later today to buy some meat & maybe look at lamps. The way I’m feeling right now I can’t see me wanting to go anywhere, except possibly to bed.

No comments: