Monday 8 January 2018

Feeling the years



Another cold frosty morning. When I took out the onion peeling this morning I had difficulty taking the lid off the compost bin as it was so frozen down.

The Fox is not doing well. His rash does seem to be drying up. However, more itching is beginning to arrive. Meanwhile the medication is making him so euphoric he’s having difficulty sleeping. He’s also losing his appetite once more. There just doesn’t seem to be any winning.

Yesterday afternoon was spent on the phone catching up on family news. I was most surprised to hear from my cousin Michael. I think he’s only rung about once before. However, he seemed in good humour. It encouraged me to make the effort to ring around some of the other cousins & check all is well. On the whole it seems so, though some are feeling their age. I’m one of the younger cousins in my extended family. Most of my cousins are at least 10 years older so I suppose it’s not surprising they should be starting to feel the limitations brought on with age. Even the Fox is beginning to feel his years – he’s 4 years older than me - as a result of this rash. He’s finding it more draining than the stroke he had years ago. But maybe the stroke is part of the reason he’s feeling that way. He’s never really regained his stamina. The rash will certainly take a bit of getting over.

No comments: