Saturday 27 January 2018

The hunt for lost treasure


Once more the rain comes tumbling down. There seems no end of it this winter. I suppose I should be grateful we’ve not had snow & ice, but it still doesn’t make me feel any happier. It’s bright blue frosty mornings that raise my spirits, not damp grey drizzly ones that just dampen my spirits.

After I’ve finished on the computer I shall be back at the freezer, rummaging around for the next month’s goodies. I know there should be ½ chicken breast 100g, pork fillet 173g, a bag containing two 8oz bags of cooked beef & finally 8oz cooked chicken. I wonder what other mystery items I will find as I rummage. Yet more unlabelled bags? The way things are going at the moment I’m quite expecting it.

Once I’ve located these items & got them to the top of the pile, I’ll have to decide what to do with them next week. My rough thinking at the moment is maybe a chow mein (chicken breast), pork stir fry, chicken pie (cooked chicken), beef curry/cottage pie with the leftover beef. But first I’ve got to locate them. The way things have gone I half expect to find I’ve already used them up & just forgot to cross them off the list.

No comments: