Thursday 25 January 2018

Out from the cold

The snowdrops are now budding up in the front garden. So far no buds, be they crocuses or snowdrops, have actually opened up. It’s just good to see that hint of colour of the closed buds & the freshness of the green. It gives you the sense that the weather is picking up, we’re moving into spring even if the weather is still staying miserable. Having said that, today is staying dry, the sun is trying to make an appearance & the wind has died down so it doesn’t feel as cold.

I’ve just been making some Pork Rissoles to use up some leftover cooked pork. When locating the pork in the freezer I found yet more unlabelled bags. I keep trying to match the contents with weights & food type on my freezer list & re-labelling. Some things I just don’t seem to be able to match up so they’re going to make a real mystery meal – possibly a curry where it won’t matter too much what the meat is as long as there is a reasonably quantity.

 I’ve not had this problem with this make of label before. It’s driving me crazy! They are specially made to use in freezers so should, & have in the past, stick to freezer bags.

No comments: