Saturday 6 January 2018

Looking up

I’m beginning to think things are looking up.

The medication seems to be working on the Fox. His rash seems to be drying up everywhere. It’s not nearly as itchy. Maybe they’ve finally sorted out what was the cause of the problem. We won’t be cancelling the hospital appointment, though, unless he’s been trouble-free for several days. We half expect this may turn out to be the lull before the next wave of rashes.

I’ve just rung a friend. She’s well into her 80s now. She didn’t send a Christmas card this year which made me fear the worst. I tried ringing one day but got her answerphone. Somehow the message on it was meant for her chiropodist about getting her feet done before her daughter came to visit. The daughter lives in the USA. The message did not reassure me, especially when the last few times I’ve talked to my friend she’s been rather vague as though she may be in the early stages of dementia. However, today she was with it, remembering recent events as well as events from further back. She sounds as though she’s just feeling her age a bit, which is understandable.

So with reassurance of a friend’s reasonable health, & the Fox feeling so much better, things are beginning to look up a bit. We’re even beginning to seriously think we can think about that holiday in the spring. Maybe 2018 is going to be a better year, as I hope it is for all of you.

No comments: