Wednesday 2 March 2016

A bad morning



Yesterday morning was a bad morning.

It started almost as soon as I got up. First thing in the morning I usually go off to the laundry room to check how my washing’s drying. Before I went out of the back door, I thought I’d best check the kitchen carpet. It had been raining heavily overnight. Sure enough it was sodden once more. I noted as soon as 9am arrived I would have to get on the phone once more to complain. I’ve had enough.

As a result of the phone call we’ve now got two people coming around in 3 weeks’ time, the earliest time everyone could come. I’ve told them, change whatever has to be done, get rid of the wheelchair threshold (I can go back to tripping over a normal higher one), put one whole door in (much as we fancied a stable door style), anything, but get the job done. I’ve had enough. I’ve been reasonable long enough.

Then later in the morning I had a phone call from the travel agency. Our proposed September holiday is not possible. We have a choice of a 10 day holiday later in September or a 14 day holiday in August, or go somewhere else. I didn’t know what to say. I said we’ll get back when we had decided. So today I’m once more looking at hotels, trying to decide what best to do.

Everything seems to be going skewwy. 

No comments: