Monday 14 March 2016

Disruption ahead



The sun is shining. My washing is out. It is so lovely to feel some warmth in the sun once more. It seems an age since we last did. However, I’m not about to cast a clout. It is far too early & I quite expect the cold & wet to return soon.

This is going to be a disrupted week. We’ve got someone coming round tomorrow lunchtime.

Then on Wednesday the Fox is off to the surgery for an abdominal aortic aneurysm screening. Apparently this is yet another delight that comes for men when they hit 65. I gather if he shows any symptoms of an aortic aneurysm, he will have further regular scanning. If all is well, & that’s what we’re expecting, we’ll hear no more.

Personally I’m not reassured about that. After all what happens if the aneurysm starts to swell when he is 70, for example? Why must it appear when you are 65 only? I hope we get a more satisfactory explanation when he goes for the scan. At least it’s the sort of test you get the result there and then, rather than having weeks of anxiety while waiting for the results.

No comments: