Saturday 12 March 2016

Maybe not



What a disappointment the view turned out to be yesterday. The Lakeland fells were shrouded in mists. You could hardly see the land rising on the other side of the Bay. Today I suspect would be another such day. 

After talking with friends yesterday at the golf club, one of whom was eagerly anticipating getting out into the garden & giving her lawn the first mow of the year, the Fox decided today, in the afternoon, he would do the same. The lawns have continued to gently grow throughout this mild winter. The grass is quite long now. I suspect the Fox will change his mind. We have a morning of drizzle, thoroughly soaking everything in consequence. I did manage to trim some of the edges last week - those I could reach without actually stepping onto the damp grass in the process - but much still needs to be done.

However, I am pleased I decided last year to put some bulbs in the back garden for this year. It is a source of great pleasure to see the snowdrops, crocuses and daffodils, all opening out. It helps give me a sense that spring is on its way. The bright spots of colour cheer me and fill me with hope.

No comments: