Monday 7 March 2016

Time to recover



The sun is shining. My washing is outside, hopefully drying. I’ve made some mini pies for dinner tonight. The spuds are peeled.

Defrosting the freezer really took it out of us both on Saturday. We’ve both been aching ever since. Inevitably my knees complained, not helped by changing the sheets & getting the washing under way yesterday. The Fox managed to do his back in as well as setting up aches in his hips & upper arm.

Next time we buy a freezer I think we’ll be getting an upright. Although a chest freezer is easier for me – I can put a lot of my weight on the front of the freezer, off my knees, as I reach down to the bottom, it is no good for the Fox when he is trying to reach down to empty out the water etc. when he defrosts it. Since it looks like that’s is more likely to be the Fox’s job, & if necessary he can always be the one to do the day-to-day taking out & putting in of things at the bottom of the freezer, his needs seem more important.

We found a few more forgotten treasures – some smoked salmon for example – but nothing as ancient as the chicken, some of which is now in the mini pies for today.

Today is going to be a quiet day while we recover. I think a trip to the library is called for – I’m out of library jigsaws & rapidly coming to the conclusion of my novel. Monday is also a day set aside for meeting up with friends at our village pub. It’s usually a lively session, with much laughter  – just what we all need to set us up for the week ahead.

No comments: