Thursday 17 March 2016

Catching up



The pie filling is cooling down before I put the puff pastry top upon it. It’s a gammon one today, using up some leftovers from the freezer.

The Fox went to his screening yesterday. All is well. The reason why they don’t do subsequent screening unless something has been found, is that any aneurysm is so slow growing that if it hasn’t shown signs before you are 65, you will be dead before it becomes a problem. Still it’s one less thing to worry about, not that we were worrying until he got called in for the screening.

Then yesterday afternoon I overdid things. The sun has been shining all week. There’s even some warmth. The Fox mowed the lawns on Monday, so yesterday I got on with the job of trimming the edges. I did one lawn. By the time I’d done that, & stopped to tidy up some lavender bushes, my back, & even more the back of my thighs, were aching badly. I was hard pushed to stand up straight. It was early to bed for me – a good straight 12 hours of sleep to recover, the best sleep I’ve had in ages. I’m still feeling the aches. My hot shower this morning eased them but did not dispel them. I’m trying to resist the urge to go out & tackle that second lawn. The sun, the light & warmth, is calling. I’m just not sure I’m up to it.

No comments: