Monday 29 February 2016

Feeling lazy



I feeling lazy today. There’s a distinct reluctance to do anything.

Part of it is that I’ve been distracted by my jigsaw – a boating regatta scene, shades of Henley. I’ve never been to a regatta & I’m not sure of the appeal. Perhaps it’s just that I’m not part of the public school set, nor do I particularly want to be. The idea of sitting, watching rowers go by, sipping champagne & having a fancy picnic doesn’t do much for me –  except perhaps for the champagne.

Usually I start the day with some food prep for dinner but today there is nothing to prepare. We’re having a simple chicken salad. The chicken will be hot, just fried. I’ve not even bought the chicken yet so there’s nothing I can do for that. We’re going to have hot jacket potatoes but they take next to no time in the microwave. As for the salad itself that is just a case of washing the lettuce, frying up a few croutons, adding some dressing a maybe a bit of beetroot & some tomatoes (I’ve got to have them!) All this adds up to no preparation.

The day is a bit grey too, which doesn’t help. It feels as though it is waiting, to do what I’m not sure, but waiting. It certainly doesn’t encourage me to get off my backside & do something. Instead I’m more inclined to join the wait. I’m hoping that having dragged myself to the computer to write this will get me cranked up to do something with the day. Or maybe I’ll just shut my eyes & doze off for a while.

No comments: