Thursday 4 February 2016

Oops!



Disaster has struck! I’ve just been putting together the filling for a Chicken & Vegetable Pie. For the moisture, as well as extra vegetable, I’ve used some packet soup. I happily halved the quantity of soup powder as there is only the two of us & the recipe is for four, then I added a pint of water. I suddenly realised I hadn’t halved the water. I’ve since been wildly boiling some of the water off, reducing it. I just hope I’ve got to something like the right consistency. I then added some broccoli & now it is cooling. Later on I will add a puff pastry top.

 I was looking forward to the pie. I just hope I haven’t ruined it.

I seem to have been a bit off my food lately. I’m not quite sure why. Though yesterday's Rich Beef Casserole made by the Fox did wow me.

Maybe it’s a reflection that I’m a bit off life itself at the moment. I couldn’t tell you why. I’ve just lost any relish. I feel as though I'm just dragging my way through it.

I’m telling myself I’m just subconsciously worrying about the hospital & the leaky door. Once they are sorted I’ll be fine. 

I just have to wait for the black cloud to pass over & the metaphorical sun will return.

Maybe a change in routine will help, a weekend away or a meal out perhaps. We’ll see.


No comments: