Monday 8 February 2016

That door again



With the arrival of Storm Imogen, it looks as though we won’t have to worry about a dry carpet when the engineer comes to inspect the stable door on Thursday. It is once more sodden.

We seem to be missing the worst of the storm this time. I gather it’s hitting the south of England instead.

I was surprised to notice an arc of white drops on the doormat just inside the stable door this morning. The arc was over where I noticed water droplets had appeared after I had gone through the door last night. I’ve tried examining the arc & it seems to be plasticky – something to do with the uPVC of the door? The arc is clearly from where water dripped from the edge furthest from the hinge of the door when it was opened.

I’m hoping we’ll get some answers this week. And a new door that keeps out the water! I’m really looking forward to not having to move wet rags whenever we want to go out of the door. I want to be able to wander into the kitchen in bare feet without worrying about getting them wet in the process. Roll on Thursday.

No comments: