Wednesday 18 August 2010

A quiet day?!

Today is a quiet day for me, or so I thought. The Fox is doing the cooking. The joy of going down the freezer is the discovery of forgotten delights. So it is that today I've got out some diced venison for the Fox to make a venison & ale casserole. Should be good.

Which reminds me & somewhat at a tangent, I was bemused by something yesterday. I had a go at a word game on line in which you make up so many words out of the letters of another given word. Imagine my frustration when the word "ale" wasn't recognised by the dictionary. After that I was less surprised when their dictionary didn't recognise "ait", "tat" & "ain". This is clearly a dictionary only for the south of England! Presumably they don't have ale there.

Back to today.

As it was quiet I thought I'd get the ironing done out of the way. I was mid-pile to the sound of Radio 4, when I heard a knock at the front door. Upon investigation I discovered it was the man come to put up the extra grab rails for me. He wasn't very impressed by the rusting grab bar at the front door so he replaced that while he was at it. Nor did he trust the state of the toilet frame, also starting to rust, so that too has been replaced. At least that's one chore done, one less caller to expect.

I duly went back to finish the ironing before coming on here.

No comments: