Wednesday 4 August 2010

The day has arrived

Well, the day has arrived. We'll be off to Lancaster this afternoon. Meanwhile this morning I'm back to waiting. We got a phone call from some people connected to those who are installing our new central heating boiler. They wanted to come round this morning to check if there was any asbestos that needed removing when the old boiler is taken out. So, as if I'm not tense enough, I've now got a morning of waiting.

If it stops raining, I am hoping to get out & maybe tidy the front garden. A few extra plants are appearing, the weed variety. I'd also like to put in a few parsley seeds

-------------------------------

Good heavens. The man's just been. He'll be back next week when the new boiler is installed. He seemed astounded by how ancient our old boiler is. He was just a young man. I should think the boiler was older than him!

Still, at least, that means the morning is my own to do as I will. The rain is even easing so I may get out in the garden. Anything to avoid thinking about this medical.

I'm not preparing food today. I'm not sure what state I will be in by this evening. Even the Fox is reluctant to commit to cooking much today. We'll either eat out, get a takeaway or microwave a Booths' frozen ready meal.

We didn't get over to Glasson Dock yesterday, so we're hoping to pop along to the street market in Lancaster while we're in town & visit the Smokehouse stall. We're also curious to see if the fresh fish stall is around. He's ceased coming to the Morecambe Farmers' Market.

We rarely go into Lancaster. It may be nearby, just a few miles away, but the hassle gets to us. The one way system & the parking is dreadful. The chance to get along to the market was one of the few pleasures of going to my empty chair (dramatherapy) sessions. Now those are over we're back to going into Lancaster a couple of times of year & that's it.


No comments: