Tuesday 17 August 2010

Change of plans

I might have guessed. I had intended to go down to the fish shop in the Mean machine (my electric scooter) this morning, so, of course, it's raining. I've hastily changed my plans & got some minced lamb out of the freezer to make some meatballs with red onion mash instead. Oh well, it's a change from fish.

Al the gardener, too, will have had a change of plans. He was intending to come to do our garden today. Even if it stops raining soon, I don't expect he will be here. He knows our garden is pretty wet even in a drought - the greenest lawn in the area he reckons - so there's no point in thinking it will dry out that quick.

I suppose it was too much to ask for a third day of sunshine. It has even been fairly warm the last couple of days. It certainly would have been hot if there hadn't been that breeze with a cold edge blowing off the sea. Yesterday I enjoyed an hour sit out in the garden, keeping an eye on the drying washing, while reading the parish magazine. The July issue has finally arrived, a little late admittedly! And with it my article based on my blog about Matisse's chapel at Vence (see blog for 30 May 2010). My name in print at last!

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

thanks for the reference back to your Matisse chapel post - I've left a comment there!