Saturday 21 August 2010

Celebrations

I've got it! I've got it! Those words have reverberated round our heads ever since I opened the post yesterday afternoon & discovered I've been awarded my Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at the same level as before. The sheer relief is wondrous. I slept my best sleep for weeks. Suddenly we can relax, make plans confident in our income. I'll have to got through the same hassle in another three years' time, but I can worry about that nearer the time. Maybe by then the political climate will be more favourable.

After the Fox's blog last week, I had decided to get a chicken to roast this week. Now it's going to turn into a celebratory meal. I've already parboiled the potatoes to roast up later. I've also made up the stuffing. I'm using an Armenian recipe, so the the stuffing is rice, rather than breadcrumb,
based. Along with the rice are onions, mushrooms, sultanas, walnuts, parsley & allspice. To serve with the roast chicken I will be making some mushroom gravy with a little brandy in it. Altogether a roast to celebrate with.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Congratulations on retaining that which is your entitlement - I'm glad that they saw sense!